This is our story of how we built two successful lean startups, http://ifwerantheworld.com/ and https://makelovenotporn.tv/, from the ground up. We will be talking about our process, Cindy’s experience of working closely with our technical team & Pivotal Labs to realize her vision, and Corey’s experience as CTO and leader of the tech team of translating that vision into reality.
Cindy will illustrate the realities of managing a lean startup technical team from a CEO’s perspective. Corey will illustrate the realities of both managing a lean startup technical team, and also managing the CEO. :)
Many CEOs have an opaque window into their technical team. This vantage point can have counterproductive results born from good intentions. We are going to be utterly frank and honest about the trials, the tribulations, the blood, sweat and tears of how two very different mindsets and perspectives can meet, merge and get to awesome.
We will be sharing the solutions that we found for:
* Overcoming the obstacles we faced as lean startup.
* The tooling, data & process CEOs need to gauge the ramifications of their decisions on the development team.
* How to have the right amount of friction (push and pull) to get a polished product
* Which of the weird Agile practices is making your team crazy good or just plain crazy.
* How to write user stories and break them into minimum marketable features.
* How to create a closely collaborative triumvirate between technical, marketing, user experience to maximize the value of each mindset.
We will also be sharing how all of these things become even more challenging when you are working on a startup that is considered ‘adult content’, as per https://makelovenotporn.tv/.